Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Things I want to achieve in the next ten years

I often think of the future as something blurred and unknown completely out of reach which I am afraid of. However, to counter this fear I tend to plan what I want to achieve in a certain time in outlining the most essential points. Obviously, it is a subjective point of view, but everyone has more or less the same aspirations and ambitions with slight differences.
In the next ten years,
there are so many things that I would like to have accomplished to be blossomed. For instance, I want to undertake a humanitarian trip to a developing country to be really aware of another culture and way of life than mine, living in a developed country without having had a lack of any vital need. It is natural for me to have three square meals a day or water whenever I want. It can seem a cliche, but it is crucial to contribute for a better world or at least try to do something useful. It is a personal achievement to devote myself to the needs of others for once in my life and everyone should do the same. The awareness that an experience like that can bring is immense, advertisements and documentaries about global issues are no longer efficient because we have become immune to this bombardment of the media.
In ten years and in a more selfish way, I want to achieve success in my own life. Nonetheless, that does not mean that I have to do it at all costs in letting or pushing down people that are on my way. Success is self-challenging all the time and is the smiliest thing ever. For me it means to have a career that will allow me to sustain the needs of a probable family that I would like to form. " It is a platitude", you would say. You have to observe deeper what this actually means. The achievement and the challenge in having a family that you have to take care of and protect is self-rewarding. It is easy to be happy, but share your happiness with others and sometimes making sacrifices and still be cheerful, this is the hardest part of the challenge.
In ten years, I want above all to be knowledgeable and curious about things as I am now. I realised that people tend to lose their interest and passion when they are getting older. They take everything for granted and their lives are a mere routine. Passions maintain my interests and force me in a positive way to keep up my brain learning. It does not only lighten up my life, but it is also self-satisfying. Did you know that being interested all the time prevent you from contracting neuro-degenerative diseases?
In ten years I willl be 29 and I am already working on these abstract achievements that I want to carry off successfully. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Elodie,
    This is a really outstanding piece of writing - whether written by a native speaker or not. You can be proud of this. There is really only one sentence that I could fault as being a little awkward:

    *by using a bit more punctuation in complex sentences you will help the reader to follow your ideas easier e.g. " -/; completely out of reach, which I am afraid of"
    *by outlining
    *"blossomed" is rather cute here - although not altogether natural. You could say "to feel a sense of maturity"
    *contribute towards
    *again, some more punctuation e.g. a colon or dash, to split the secion starting "at any cost - that is, by letting ..."
    *"smiliest" isn't a word. You could say "pleasurable" or "satisfying" or ....How about "To be truly happy and successful you need to constantly challenge yourself"
    *I'd leave out "probable"
    *"family I'd like to have/start"
    *"you have to look deeper"
    *word order: "as knowledgeable"
    *"I realise"
    *"to keep my brain learning"

    Brilliant work Elodie

    ReplyDelete